What Is TOPSoccer?
TOPSoccer (The Outreach Program for Soccer) is designed to bring the opportunity of learning and playing soccer to any child, ages 3 and older, who has a mental or physical disability or special need. Typical diagnoses of TOPSoccer players include autism spectrum disorders (ASD), Down syndrome, ADHD, cerebral palsy (CP), as well as other physical and behavioral conditions.
TOPSoccer allows for participation in a community-based sports program without the anxiety of being teased by peers or the uneasiness about a perception of lack of ability.
Unique to TOPSoccer is the pairing up of each players with a volunteer ‘Buddy’ who stays with that player every day, throughout the season, and who supports them and makes sure they are (most of all) safe and having fun!
How Is BRSC Getting Involved?
The Spring 2019 season is the 13th year Braden River Soccer Club has offered TOPSoccer. The program is FREE!
Where: Lakewood Ranch Park (5490 Lakewood Ranch Blvd) soccer fields behind Lakewood Ranch High School, adjacent to the picnic pavilion, playground and restrooms.
Spring 2019 Season: Saturday mornings, from April 13 - May 25, 10:30-Noon for players (with a 10:00 start for volunteers)
Players (participants ages 3 and older):
· Click HERE for an information sheet further describing the program.
· Returning players from the Fall 2018 season please click HERE to sign up (via SignUpGenius).
· New players please click REGISTER to sign up (via GotSoccer).
Buddies (typically college and high school students, and mature children in middle or elementary school):
· Click HERE for an information sheet further describing the program and the role of the Buddy.
· Returning Buddies (and Coaches) from the Fall 2018 season please click HERE to sign up (via SignUpGenius).
· New Buddies please click Be a Buddy/Coach Volunteer to sign up (via GotSoccer).
Please contact Program Coordinator Dave Robinson at 941-704-5470 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
HELP NEEDED! We are always looking for TOPSoccer sponsors to support program costs and allow us to offer the program for FREE to players and volunteers. Please email Dave Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested. Thanks! We could not do it without community support!